8/07/2006

200th post

Departure Time: 7:15
Arrival Time: 7:57
Weather as I call it: Sunny with increasing cloudiness as the trip came to an end.
Paper Guy: Blue polo shirt...it's still summer.
Shady Gas Price: $2.99
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

I wish I could tell the state police officers to help the crawl to Storrow Drive from Route 28. People don't want to turn right on red because they are afraid they are going to get a ticket. Most times I see the officers waving the cars to enter the ramp. Lately, they have been standing on the sidewalk and making no motion outside of assisting pedestrians cross the street.

Of course, what I am slowly realizing is their presence is due to the tunnel collapse. I have seen them standing in other places around the city where the possibility of a Mass Pike related backup may occur. It all comes back to Big Dig issues...which leads me to believe that although it hasn't been bad this summer...it will be bad in September.

No comments: