8/28/2006

Summer's Almost Gone

Departure Time: 7:08
Arrival Time: 7:48
Weather as I call it: Drizzling...The themometer said 66 degrees...but I think it was lying.
Paper Guy: Raincoat...desperately wanting.
Shady Gas Price: $2.83...
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------


What can I say today? It was not the most pleasant of mornings. The rain-soaked streets and the dark skies didn't make for a slap-happy drive. The Sox are packing it in. It feels like the summer is calling it quits too early as well. The snap of cool air brings back memories of school starting up again. These days, that pang in my stomach is sparked by not the dread of sitting in a classroom for six hours a day but from the dread of school time traffic. It was nice to have ten weeks of smooth sailing...but next week we are in for some serious traffic snarls.

This too shall pass.

No comments: