8/21/2006

I Don't Like Grooved Pavement

Departure Time: 7:15
Arrival Time: 7:53
Weather as I call it: Cloudy
Paper Guy: Blue short-sleeved shirt...shades.
Shady Gas Price: $2.91...wow...
Yelled at other drivers: Yes, cell phone guy
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

Things I hate while driving to work in Boston:

(in no particular order)

1. Grooved Pavement. You know the stuff...It makes motorcycle riders shake in their boots. This process of tearing up the roadway to replace it, in a word, stinks. I saw on tv once that asphalt is 85% recyclable, so I fully support ripping it up so we can use it again....but the aftermath of the roadway makes for slow passage due to dangerous conditions. I bring this subject up because there is a patch of grooved pavement on Route 28 right before the 93 overpass.

2. Vans. If you have read this blog for any amount of time, you know I don't like vans.

3. Cell phone users. Ok. I use my cell phone while driving on the way home...and I think I do a pretty good job of handling both activities. Peeps who can't handle doing both driving and talking at the same time shouldn't. Here's a test: If you can rub your belly and tap your head at the same time--talk away. If not, think of the others on the road and stick to one thing at a time. Some dude almost took me out on Storrow today. When I caught up to him, he was gabbing away on his little mobile device. Argh.

No comments: