8/07/2007

Take Your Time With Charlie

Bus Departure Time: 7:08
Bus Arrival Time: 7:23
T Departure Time: 7:25
T Arrival Time: 7:46
Weather as I call it: Misty. Some fog, but humid.
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

Man, the bus was late today. I pumped up the level of annoyance because of it.

When we got to the T station, there was an MBTA attendant shouting at people to slow down. I didn't see much of the reasons why she was yelling, but I could hear the buzzing sounds of some kind of gate error as I rounded the bend.

From what I could tell, people were trying and retrying to insert their Charlie Tickets into the gate slot so many times and so quickly that it was causing problems, hence the rather loud instructions from the attendant.

When I got to the gate, I thanked her for the tip and took my time. My Charlie Card works just fine, for the most part. I keep it in my wallet and the only time I have trouble with the scanner not reading my card is when I have a large amount of other stuff in there blocking it.

Usually, it's receipts. (No, nothing good like cash or gold or magic beans)

I saw a woman on the Orange Line give up her seat to a man with a cane. He was relucant at first but he took it and thank her kindly. More good stuff.

No comments: