8/06/2007

Please Take Your Belongings

Bus Departure Time: 7:02
Bus Arrival Time: 7:16
T Departure Time: 7:19
T Arrival Time: 7:41
Weather as I call it: Mostly cloudy. Cooler. Probably in the 60s
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: Nope

------------------------------

Mike was back on the commute. He was gone on vacation last week and it was good to catch up with him. The bus was running well. Most of the stops had 4 or 5 people at them, but right before the end of the ride we got slammed with a stop that had 15 or so. We all had to squeeze together but we were able to accomodate.

When I got to Malden Center, the Orange Line was departing. The next one came pretty quickly so there weren't a lot of people waiting.

I got on the train and there was a seat that both a Metro and a Now on it. I took both of the papers, folded them up, and put them on the floor. I stepped on them so they wouldn't go anywhere.

I guess I hate that feeling when someone encounters a seat next to you that has newspapers on it, and gives you a look like, "Did you leave these papers here?"

So, I took them off the seat and when I got to my stop I picked them up along with the news articles I was reading and threw them in the recycling bin.

No weird feeling and I recycled. Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the red line there is this older man I've seen few times after rush hour and he is very protective of the papers near him.

I sat down on an end seat there were papers on the seat next to me then the old dude. I nudged the papers as they were encroaching on my seat and he slammed his hand down on the papers on the seat between us and picked them up.

I looked at him and yelled at him to chill out as I was only moving them. He picked up the papers and moved to another empty seat.

Perhaps those folks who give you the "Did you leave these papers here?" eye have run into this "gentleman" and are not taking any chances.