8/16/2007

Breakfast of Chumps

Bus Departure Time: 7:07
Bus Arrival Time: 7:20
T Departure Time: 7:25
T Arrival Time: 7:46
Weather as I call it: Mostly sunny and 70
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: Not really

------------------------------

I was going to type about how I thought the bus driver didn't have his Wheaties today to explain why he was late but on second thought, there were a few other things in play.

1. When the bus did arrive, it was one the older models
2. It was driven by some guy I have never seen before

Not sure, but maybe there was a larger issue behind the bus's tardiness outside of the driver not having a nutritious breakfast.

The Orange Line was pleasant for the most part. Even though I was on a later train, I saw many of the same faces I always see. It was as if everyone's travel time was shifted 5 minutes later...just like mine.

There was one woman who shouted out to no one in particular when we were delayed right outside New England Medical Center, "This train has been standing by more than it has been frigging moving this morning."
Although I disagreed with her (that was the only delay that I experienced on the line - and for the record it only lasted 20 seconds), I wasn't really in the mood to debate random people on the train.

Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: