8/28/2007

School Already?

Bus Departure Time: 7:05
Bus Arrival Time: 7:20
T Departure Time: 7:25
T Arrival Time: N/A
Weather as I call it: Sunny and comfortable.
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: Not really

------------------------------

I don't know why but this morning the kids were all going back to school and somehow they were all on the bus too. I have seen the bus packed with people but this morning set a new record of people per square foot.

Once we got to the high school stop, the pressure valve was released. The working stiffs like me were able to take a seat and take a break for the next three stops.

Tomorrow should be a blast.

I got off the Orange line at Downtown Crossing because I had to go to the post office. After I bought my stamps, I saw two fire trucks race down St. James Ave. I thought to myself, "I wonder where they are going?" with a smaller thought of "I wonder if it will be my building?"

When I got to the building, the two trucks parked outside. I thought I would have to wait to get inside, I was let in with no troubles.

Not sure what the problem was, but an "all clear" message was announced five minutes later.

No comments: