7/05/2007

Spreading The Word

Bus Departure Time: 7:03
Bus Arrival Time: 7:17
T Departure Time: 7:19
T Arrival Time: 7:40
Weather as I call it: Cloudy and cool
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 1
Feared for my life: No, but a concern for my spiritual welfare was brought to my attention.

------------------------------

I got to the stop this morning and nobody was around. I felt like I forgot it was the weeked already or something, but the bus came on time and I jumped on and got a seat with no problems.

Once I got on the Orange Line, I took another seat with no problems.

At Wellington, I could see a gentleman handling out pamphlets on the platform. When the doors opened, he stepped on and walked around the car trying to hand out his folded sheets of paper to other passengers. When he inevitably got to me, I said, "No thank you." as politely as I could. He told me that judgment day was coming and that I would not find salvation in my Metro (yeah no kidding).

I watched him go around and ask other people if they would take his pamphlet. He didn't have a lot of takers. At some point, he had exhausted his options...but as new people came onto the T he started the whole process again.

Right before Chinatown, he came my way again. He must not have remembered me because he said "Good Morning" to me again while holding out his message.

This time I took it, and said "Thank you."

I really expected a long speech from him...but he said "God bless you." and continued down the car.

No comments: