7/23/2007

Delayed and Delayed

Bus Departure Time: 7:03
Bus Arrival Time: 7:17
T Departure Time: 7:19
T Arrival Time: 7:46
Weather as I call it: Cloudy and in the mid 60s
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

It was cool in temperature outside waiting for the bus at the stop, but once we got on the bus it was different story. The air was dead and sticky. My comrade in riding, Mike, was sweating up a storm. The A/C unit didn't kick in until we were 2 minutes away from the Malden Center T station. It seemed to be an awful joke. I am guessing the unit was set to a thermostat and only kicked on once we reached some preset temperature. If not, the driver was being cruel.

We experienced more delays on the Orange Line this morning. It was bad. I finished the Metro before we went underground. The conductors did not announce the reason for the delays, but hopefully it doesn't continue. For the most part, the Orange Line has been pretty consistent since I started riding it regularly back in February. It would be a shame for it to become flaky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun taking the orange line this fine morning. I waited at the stop for a solid 15 minutes in the wonderous smell of body odor and urine before I got annoyed and gave up and got on the green line.