7/20/2007

Signal Problems at Community College

Bus Departure Time: 7:02
Bus Arrival Time: 7:15
T Departure Time: 7:16
T Arrival Time: 7:44
Weather as I call it: Cloudy and uh, moist. See below.
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 4.5
Feared for my life: Nope

------------------------------

Yep, I said it. Today it was moist outside.

I know people who hate that word.

And when I say people, I mean my wife.

Say it to yourself...slowly...moy-oy-oy-st...MoooooyyyyyssssssT.

Give you the shivers a little bit? No? It creeps her out.

She hates "plug" too.

Where was I? Oh yeah. The bus was rolling today...and like it has for the past few days it dropped me and the rest of us off just as the Orange Line rolled into the station. I joined the mad dash and made it in before the doors closed. Sweet A.

All the running didn't matter much because the ol' subway was delayed due to signal problems at Community College. It was a spectacle! There were conductors coming on and off the train...walking through the sacred "between car" doors that mere passengers are forbidden to use. Walkie-talkies were squawking. Apologies were raining down from the overhead speakers....

The signal problems added 7 minutes to my commute. I guess I'll take it.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: