7/24/2007

Detailed List

Bus Departure Time: 7:05
Bus Arrival Time: 7:21
T Departure Time: 7:23
T Arrival Time: 7:48
Weather as I call it: Cloudy and humid
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 6
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

Yeah, I typed it. The annoyance level was at a 6 today. Let's get into the details:


  • The bus was late

  • The A/C on the bus was off when we got on - It kicked on eventually, but the first seven minutes of the trip were pretty uncomfortable

  • The Orange Line was delayed again due to some track/signal/traffic problems

  • My evangelist buddy got on at Wellington and was pushing his pamphlets and his beliefs onto everyone on the train with me.

  • The Orange Line's wheels make an incredibly loud screeching noise on the tracks between the New England Medical Center and Back Bay stops. The noise is a recent development; it's only been a problem for the last week or two and I am not sure what brought it on. Maybe the warm temperatures have expanded the tracks and it has caused some new awful contact with the train? I now count how many people cover their ears as we ride through it.

That's all. Tomorrow has to be better.

1 comment:

guitarguynboston said...

I noticed the same thing leaving State Street heading into Haymarket.