7/03/2007

889 Accidents

Bus Departure Time: 7:03
Bus Arrival Time: 7:19
T Departure Time: 7:19
T Arrival Time: 7:40
Weather as I call it: Sunny and nice
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: Nope

------------------------------

I took a seat on the bus today after standing for the past several days. Hey, it's July 3rd, I deserve it.

I grabbed a Metro before running for the Orange Line...the bus dropped me off right in time.

The Metro had an article discussing the number of accidents MBTA buses have been in since the beginning of the year: 889 in total. At first I thought that was a high number, but when you learn that there are about 15,000 one way bus trips a day everyday...it's a pretty small number (multiply 15,000 by 181 days and you'll get what I mean).

I have yet to encounter a bus that I am riding get into an accident. I will be sure to let you know if I do.

I'll be out tomorrow. Hopefully you will be too. I will be back Thursday...hopefully you were smart and took the rest of the week off.

No comments: