6/29/2007

Seriously Folks

Bus Departure Time: 7:02
Bus Arrival Time: 7:18
T Departure Time: 7:19
T Arrival Time: 7:40
Weather as I call it: Cloudy and cooler...yay!
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: I'm worried

------------------------------

My wife learned about the shooting at the Ruggles T station on the TV news last night. I think she's worried about me...which made me start to get worried too.

I joke and report about if I feared for my life on the T in the morning...but maybe it's not really a joke. When you hear about people getting shot and stabbed on the same line you take everyday, you get to thinking about your own safety. I look around the train car in the morning and none of the people I ride with, from what I perceive, are thinking that this might be their last trip. They are thinking about getting to work on time, dreading the silly paperwork they have to complete, worrying about other small stuff (you know, in comparison to getting killed).

Maybe I'm getting overly dramatic here, but it makes me wonder what the hell is happening to our city, country, world, etc. Do we need to live in constant fear of each other, or can we figure out how to get along with each other? (and I mean that on a one on one up to a world level).

On a completely different and much lighter note, I got a card for a free slice of pizza at Bostone Pizza while walking out of the Back Bay T stop. I have had a slice from there before, and I can tell you it's ok, from what I remember... It's not the best pizza I have ever have, but I feel you should support a local business. The guy who handed me the card along with the little menu was enthusiastic, cheery, and seemed passionate. Hey, he might have been the owner. That kind of effort should get all the support in the world, in my opinion. I might have to stop by today and get two slices.

1 comment:

Me said...

You can't live your life in fear. Fear nothing; except maybe the wrath of your wife. (that's advice for all husbands.)

But seriously, I wouldn't worry for a second about taking the orange line, man. My husband takes it every day too. Whatever is happens to you in your life is what is supposed to happen. Make peace with life every day before you even get out of bed.