6/08/2007

System Breaks Down

Bus Departure Time: 7:04
Bus Arrival Time: 7:22
T Departure Time: 7:25
T Arrival Time: 7:46
Weather as I call it: Hazy sun around 60 degrees
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 4
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

Is it Friday yet? You can lump that question in with "Hot enough for ya?"

The first bus didn't come, so we all hopped on the second bus. The driver of the second bus had some snide remark about the first bus driver's absence when we got on:

"She must be off having breakfast somewhere."

Ouch.

The bus was packed. The driver stopped at every stop and let people get on via the back door because the front of the bus was filled with people. The driver was a stickler for the "do not stand in front of the yellow line" rule, stating many times that she wasn't going anywhere until people stood behind the line.

I think it might have been the longest bus ride I have encountered since the job change/commute change in February.

Here's my next salute: Hats of to "Woman I Assume Works at New England Medical Center". She is always wearing light blue scrubs with matching Crocs and she always gets on at Downtown Crossing and gets off at the New England Medical Center stop.

Although I am not absolutely sure wear she works, I would be willing to bet a large sum of money..say 25 dollars...she works at New England Medical Center.

"Woman I Assume Works at New England Medical Center", I salute you!

No comments: