6/01/2007

Fire at Back Bay Station

Bus Departure Time: 6:57
Bus Arrival Time: 7:12
T Departure Time: 7:16
T Arrival Time: 7:38
Weather as I call it: Hazy sun. 60s
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 1
Feared for my life: Maybe I should have?

------------------------------

There was a fire truck outside of Back Bay station this morning. I wasn't sure why...but when I got into work and checked Boston.com I saw this headline:
MBTA commuter trains have stopped running through Back Bay Station after what appeared to be a small debris fire started near the tracks. A T spokeswoman said the Boston Fire Department has responded, and trains should be running again as soon as the fire is extinguished.


I can tell you Orange Line had no problems going in or out of the station...and I didn't see any flames/smoke/panic/woman-and-children-first type event going on. Oh well.

Hey, it's Friday and I thought I would start saluting(I don't think I feel comfortable giving a "shout out") people I see on a regular basis on the T. I see these people so much that I recognize them and have given them nicknames in my head.

Here is my first salute: Hats off to "Stereotypical Business Suit Old Guy" He gets on the Orange Line every morning at North Station and takes it to Downtown Crossing. He wears nice suits and looks sorta like this:



I always wonder what you do, but if I were casting a movie you would play the role of the corporate higher-up...You know, "The Man".

"Stereotypical Business Suit Old Guy", I salute you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems like the T is catching fire a lot lately. Just a few weeks ago it was the MGH stop. Maybe the T could have some of those useless Customer Service employees pick up the trash.