5/15/2007

Some MBTA Annoyances

Bus Departure Time: 7:04
Bus Arrival Time: 7:19
T Departure Time: 7:21
T Arrival Time: 7:41
Weather as I call it: Cloudy with some light rain
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: Not really

------------------------------

There was some light rain a-droppin' down as I walked from my door to the bus stop. I decided to 'go with the crowd' and take the second bus today. When the first one came around 7:02 and was packed with people, Guy and a woman who has been showing up at the stop the last few days (Guy knows her, natch) convinced me that the later bus was the one to take.

I didn't regret my choice too much even though I did get to the T station later than the first bus. I enjoyed the lower stress level of the less crowded bus.

The T was fine until the end. I was looking to get off the subway car, but the exit closest to me only had one door operational. On the Orange line, every exit has two sliding doors that break in the middle. When one of them doesn't work, you only have half the space to pass through.

Not only was one of the doors not working correctly, there was a young gentleman standing right in front of the open door. I had to speak up or would have never exited the train (Does that remind you of some old folk song?).

I just said, "Excuse me" and he moved out of the way. I guess I was a little annoyed about him, but more annoyed about the broken door.

No comments: