5/16/2007

It's For The Blog

Bus Departure Time: 7:02
Bus Arrival Time: 7:18
T Departure Time: 7:20
T Arrival Time: 7:42
Weather as I call it: Hazy sunshine and a bit humid. 60s?
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: Nope

------------------------------

Breaking News: I found out what Gym Bag Guy's name is today. He asked me mine because he's been calling me Buddy for months now. I told him and he replied with "I'm Mike". Damn, I like mysteries.

I took the first bus because it's better for the blog. The second one is quiet and comfortable, but boring. When it arrived I hopped on, leaving Mike at the stop.

The bus driver asked me, "Are you sure?"

There was a woman in front of me who amazed me with her crankiness. I believe she was the mouthpiece of comments reported here.

As the bus filled up, she wondered aloud, "Why aren't people moving back? You can't stand at the front if more people are coming on!"

There was a teenage boy waiting at a stop a block away from the T station. She spoke out to no one in particular, "It's a nice day, why doesn't he walk to the T station?" (Note: The T station is the last stop of this bus.)

I don't think she was having a good day today.

Overheard on Someone's iPod: "There, There" by Radiohead.

(Uh, I cheated a little bit...I sorta recognized it from the beat, but happened to see the title on the iPod's screen... Boo! Hiss!)

1 comment:

Me said...

I love Radiohead circa 2000. I'm not much a whiner/crier anymore though. "Boo! Hiss!" from all my hipster friends in Brooklyn.