5/30/2007

She Knows Too

Bus Departure Time: 7:05
Bus Arrival Time: 7:21
T Departure Time: 7:21
T Arrival Time: 7:41
Weather as I call it: Sunny and warmer High 60s
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 1
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

I don't know if I should write about what happened today but I have to report what I witnessed.

The first bus was late today and the second bus was right behind it. There was an unusually large number of people at the stop today, so some people (the ones not in the know) got on the first bus.

After the passengers had boarded, the bus driver called over to "Frank" (name changed to protect the innocent). The driver told "Frank" to tell the second bus driver (since a bunch of us were standing around waiting to take the second bus) that she shouldn't go slow and that she should pass the first bus when she can.

He said, "Ah, ok."

"Frank" told the second bus driver this message when he stepped onto the bus. According to "Frank", the second bus driver looked at him strangely when he was telling her what the first driver had said.

The second bus driver stated gruffly, "Well if she had left on time, I wouldn't have to pass her!"

Just between you and me, I have known that the 6:55 bus has been late more times than not over the past few months. It's reassuring that an authority on the matter; i.e., another MBTA employee knows about this issue as well.

Not sure what will come of this incident, but I will let you know.

Once we got to the Malden T station, I had to take two steps at a time to catch the subway. It was waiting at the platform and the first "doors are closing" chimes had rang. I jumped on right in time and got a seat to boot.

No comments: