5/18/2007

Docking Satellites at Sullivan Square

Bus Departure Time: 7:04
Bus Arrival Time: 7:16
T Departure Time: 7:17
T Arrival Time: 7:40
Weather as I call it: Rainy...and cold.
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

I was the only person at my stop today and I had to wait longer than usual (wah).
Rain tends to slow the bus down and also brings out crowds of people who don't want to walk in it. The Outcome: the bus was packed with people within three stops after I got on.

Since we reached capacity earlier than normal, the bus stopped picking up people and started picking up speed. We got to the T stop faster than I expected.

On the T, there was one curious happening at Sullivan Square. We pulled into the station and came to a stop. Everything seemed normal. Then, the announcer told everyone to stand behind the yellow line because the train was backing up. We paused for a while, but then the train started to back up and then paused again.

I sat there waiting for the doors to open as people on the other side looked in with me with anxious looks.

Then, the train lurched forward about 2 feet, finally stopped, and then opened its doors.

I thought to myself "Are we docking to a satellite here?"

What's with all the precision? Maybe the engineer has OCD about this one stop and IT JUST HAD TO BE PERFECT!!

Maybe? Meh. Type to you Monday.

No comments: