5/14/2007

Ground Rules

Bus Departure Time: 7:00
Bus Arrival Time: 7:14
T Departure Time: 7:15
T Arrival Time: 7:37
Weather as I call it: Sunny and nice. I probably should have worn a jacket, but I didn't. Don't tell my mom.
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 1
Feared for my life: Nope

------------------------------

I was sort of a late riser myself today. As I was walking to the stop, I could see there were a number of people waiting including Gym Bag Guy. Just as I arrived, a bus was slowing to a stop. I asked Guy if it were bus #1 or #2. He replied he was going to wait for the second one. Looking through the bus windows, I could see that there were open seats. I decided to take my chances, and jumped on.

My choice was right. The first bus got to the stop earlier than the second one and I was able to connect with the Orange Line without having to wait a long time/run to catch it.

Once on the Orange Line, I sat down and joined the other people quietly riding to their destination.

There was a guy listening to his iPod and the volume was up just enough for me to hear the beat. I started to lean in a little to see if I could hear more of the song, but then I stopped myself because I felt a little creepy.

Although it would good to get a new segment a-going for the blog, I think I need to set up some ground rules for "Overheard On Someone's iPod". I shouldn't have to invade someone's personal space for the blog.

No comments: