5/17/2007

Double Parked

Bus Departure Time: 7:02
Bus Arrival Time: 7:19
T Departure Time: 7:21
T Arrival Time: 7:42
Weather as I call it: Cloudy and cooler, 40s
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

Leaving my pals behind at the stop, I took the first bus again today. Maybe I will treat myself tomorrow and take the later, less crowded bus.

As the bus was trying to get through Malden Square we were halted because some, well, Masshole double parked on Main St. so he could get his coffee at the Dunk. From what I could see, the bus could have squeezed by the parked Jeep Liberty...but maybe the driver didn't want to risk it...or maybe she stopped on the principle that what this M-word did was intolerable. I mean, he was blocking most of the road when he could have parked in an open space just down the street.

I guess the lazy M-word didn't want to walk that far.

The bus driver beeped her horn a few times. The Jeep's hazards were on which led me to believe that driver may have been in the car.

The bus driver laid on the horn again. Suddenly the doors of the ubiquitous coffee/donut mecca opened and a man with keys in one hand and an iced coffee in the other strolled towards the Jeep.

He never made eye contact with anyone on the bus nor did he quicken his pace. He casually entered the Jeep and slowly pulled away.

It was an amazing feat of blithe unconcern.

No comments: