5/03/2007

The Oldest Man In The World

Bus Departure Time: 6:59
Bus Arrival Time: 7:18
T Departure Time: 7:18
T Arrival Time: 7:38
Weather as I call it: Bright and sunny. 50 degrees
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2.5
Feared for my life: Nah

------------------------------

As I arrived at the bus stop, Gym Bag Guy greeted me and asked me which bus to take today. He motioned toward the bus rumbling its way to our stop.

"What do you think, bud? Should we take this one?"

"This is the one," I said.

We got on and talked Red Sox, of course. About halfway through our ride, we were delayed for an unusually long time. So, I finished my thought about Julio Lugo and then looked down the aisle to see what was holding us up.

From what I could figure out, it seemed we were blessed with the presence of the oldest man in the world. I overheard people saying that he had just turned 257, but to me he didn't look a day over 220. I guess he decided to take the bus to get to Malden Center today.

Ok, enough picking on the elderly. After the driver dropped him off, she was discussing with some of the passengers sitting close to her that she was amazed the old man was out and about on his own and wondered why he didn't take The Ride.

Just then, a woman's cell phone rang. Vivaldi's The Four Seasons blasted out of her purse and into her hand as she answered.

It was the Spring movement #1. How appropriate.

No comments: