7/31/2006

Solving Problems With Problems

Departure Time: 7:16
Arrival Time: 7:59
Weather as I call it: Bright sunshine! I was glad I had my shades on.
Paper Guy: Blue polo shirt and his shades...looking as glorious as the sun.
Shady Gas Price: $2.97
Yelled at other drivers: Eh...
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

Lots of things to type about...

First off, Don't even think about raising tolls!

And now, my trip:

In town, there is a left turn I have to take. It's at a traffic light, which does not have a "green arrow" but a "delayed green light" for those of us turning left. Now, it's not posted that it is a delayed greeen light...you just have to learn from watching others, I guess...

That's the Massachusetts way. If you aren't totally familar with the roadway, you don't belong on the roadway.

Today, I was waiting for the light to turn green so I could take a left turn. There were 3 cars ahead of me, so I knew that by the time I entered the intersection...the opposite side's light would turn green and I would have to yield to oncoming traffic. I paused, seeing a blue Toyota starting off and going straight through. I did see that there were about 6 cars lined up on the other side, so I knew my wait wouldn't be long. As I was patiently waiting, I noticed that the fifth car wasn't paying attention...and she hesitated. Because she hesitated, she left me with about 4 car lengths of space/time to turn left...I saw the opportunity and took it. When she saw me making my move...she FLOORED it. I didn't yell at her, but I did wave my index finger at her and spoke aloud.

"You hesitated." I said.

I think she sped up so that no one else would cut in front of her...I know that feeling...but she shouldn't be driving to endanger because she made a mistake.

The state cop presence at Leverett Circle has been building the past few weeks. Not sure if they are making things better, since I think most people are weary about what they are doing there. See this post to learn more.

I saw some guy doing a little dusting using a white rag on his dashboard and a woman was doing a little dusting of her face with a blush brush.

A good start to the week...

No comments: