7/12/2006

Still Down - Still Closed

Departure Time: 7:12
Arrival Time: 7:56
Weather as I call it: Overcast...hazy
Paper Guy: He had his glasses on...long sleeved shirt
Shady Gas Price: $2.99
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

Maybe it was the gloomy skies today that added to my forlornness on the drive...but there was no mistaking that Monday night's tunnel collapse has affected me. The more I think about it, the more it angers me. I know I typed some incendiary things yesterday, but I couldn't stop myself.

I tried to stay a fan of this project...but now I have a hard time defending the Big Dig. Was it a big mistake? I don't know....but certainly the project's mismanagement was.

My commute wasn't affected much at all today. Co-workers are telling me stories of long drives from the North and South...

Like an old friend told me once: "Things have to get a lot worse before they get any better." Well, I think it's a lot worse now.

No comments: