7/13/2006

World Keeps On Turning

Departure Time: 7:07
Arrival Time: 7:46
Weather as I call it: Cloudy...Muggy...and 77 degrees if I believe the liquor store sign
Paper Guy: Long sleeved shirt today...the shades were back on.
Shady Gas Price: Holding steady at $2.99
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: Meh

------------------------------

Granted I left earlier than usual today, but my commute was pretty light. I am still hearing about back-ups on 93 coming from the North....but if you are cutting across from East to West on the minor routes, things have been, well, rather normal.

When I merged onto Storrow Drive this morning, some guy in a black Accord got close to sideswiping me...I didn't exactly fear for my life but it certainly got my blood pumping. I should examine that first Storrow merge right before the MGH/Charles St. exit. As my father would say, "That one's a beaut."

I had to toot my horn at a minivan today. She wasn't going to take the opportunity to "turn right on red". After I alerted her to the fact that there was no "No Turn On Red" sign posted through a simple horn beep, she proceeded to look both ways and roll down the street. You could hear the people behind me clapping since they all wanted to do the same thing.

No comments: