5/05/2006

Cell Phone Talking Blues

Departure Time: 7:15
Arrival Time: 7:57
Weather as I call it: Sunny and seasonal
Paper Guy: No hat and shades...singing to himself
Shady Gas Price: $2.87
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

I saw somebody driving down the street covering their face with multiple sheets of 8 x 11 paper. Were they hiding? Were they covering up a sneeze? Were they reading a report (while driving) and then the wind blew it in their face? I don't know..probably best left unexplained.

So, I encountered a slow moving vehicle...and it was having a hard time staying in the lane...

I passed the woman...and as I looked in, she was on her cell phone.

At the next light, I kept watching her in my rearview...it definitely wasn't a quick call...she was involved in an intense conversation. My question to you is: Who the heck could she be talking to at 7:40 AM with that intensity?

She's not the first person I have seen chatting away at the crack of dawn behind the wheel. I just don't get it. I guess after 8 hours of sleep, she needed to fill the silence again...

No comments: