4/02/2007

Not Like We're in a Hurry

Bus Departure Time: 6:58
Bus Arrival Time: 7:19
T Departure Time: 7:21
T Arrival Time: 7:43
Weather as I call it: Cloudy with some mist - 40s
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

I think I might have a new friend on the bus. He's this guy who I have seen over the last two months both going to work and coming home. I don't know his name but he likes to complain about stuff and I listen.

He was at my stop today, which is not the everyday, normal thang...I don't think he has a set schedule like, uh, kooky ol' me.

Our conversation consisted of:


  • The stinky weather
  • Baseball
  • Is there an earlier bus?
  • April vacation coming soon which means no high school kids on the bus for a week


Then the bus came, and we stopped talking. I don't know this guy's name yet, but let's call him "Gym Bag Guy" for now (he always has a Adidas duffel bag slung over his shoulder). He seems nice enough...and he breaks the stereotype of New Englanders not talking to each other...but maybe he's crazy and he will kill me. Keep reading the blog to find out.

The only real annoying part of the commute was the bus driver's on-going (since last week) interrogation of student and senior riders. She was asking for everyone's ID.

Yes, that's what she is supposed to do...but when you are running late you would think you would try to make up time and conduct an eyeball check of the old lady's age.

When I got to my building, a woman held the elevator for me. After I said, "Thank you," she replied with "Not like we are in a hurry...."

Sound like someone has a case of the Mondays.

No comments: