4/25/2007

Cremora Crew

Bus Departure Time: 6:58
Bus Arrival Time: 7:15
T Departure Time: 7:18
T Arrival Time: 7:40
Weather as I call it: Sunny and a bit cooler: 50s
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: Not today

------------------------------

Conversation overheard on the bus:

"Are you going to sit there?"
"Yeah, it's dry."
"Yeah, but it's still gross."
(Girl sits)
"See, I don't have anything on my butt!"

When I exited the bus, I looked down at the seat in question. It was gross. There was a stain that not only length and width, but also height. A 3-D stain of caramel badness.

Outside of the Back Bay T station, there were a group (4) of uniformed (well...like-dressed) individuals with clipboards looking eager to talk to any passerby. So, I had a natural reaction of tucking my chin into my chest and speeding up my pace to avoid contact. As I got closer, one of them asked me if I would like a free coffee today. I looked up and stated, "No thanks." As I looked up, I noticed the woman's t-shirt had a Cremora logo on it.

I don't know about you, but I fear non-dairy creamer. Now, I never liked that kind of stuff in the first place, but once somebody showed me it was flammable (Yes, this guy poured a stream of it out of its container and then lit it on fire!) I never wanted to ingest non-dairy creamer again.

I am glad I passed on the free coffee offer. From the looks of the clipboards, it didn't look that free to me.

No comments: