4/26/2007

Sleeping Woman on T

Bus Departure Time: 7:03
Bus Arrival Time: 7:18
T Departure Time: 7:20
T Arrival Time: 7:41
Weather as I call it: Sunny and spring-like
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

I took the later bus today and enjoyed the space and the calmness that it offered.

When I got on the T, there was a woman who was slumped over and sleeping...yet she was holding a single crutch.

People would come and go, but she kept sleeping. I don't recall exactly which stop it was (let's say Chinatown), but at the beeping sounds alerting passengers the doors were closing she awoke with a start and a wide-eyed look of "Where am I?"

She talked to herself for a while but when we were pulling into Back Bay she asked if anyone knew the time. I told her it was twenty of eight and she thanked me.

I am sure there is more to her story, but I can only report what I observe.

No comments: