4/13/2007

Stuck Arms Fire Alarms

Bus Departure Time: 6:59
Bus Arrival Time: 7:15
T Departure Time: 7:18
T Arrival Time: 7:42
Weather as I call it: Overcast but not raining. 40s
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: I wondered about my safety.

------------------------------

Gym Bag Guy was at the bus stop when I got there this morning. He has been taking the later bus lately. We talked about his experiences with the later (7:05) bus. He doesn't mind waiting a few more minutes for a bus that is less crowded than the earlier (6:57) bus. So when bus came (2 minutes late), he stood there defiantly. The bus driver questioned me if he was going to wait for the next bus. I told her that he was and she closed the doors.

She's getting bolder with every drive. Today she blew by a few bus stops that had large groups of people waiting. I think she's getting the hint and allowing the second bus to pick up the slack since it's right behind her.

It was a replay of yesterday once we got to the T station: The train was pulling in just as we stopped. What a tease.

Some gentleman decided to hold the doors open in the train's last car at Downtown Crossing, delaying our trip. He was holding the doors open for so long that the conductor was calling for security. I guess he stopped because we got moving soon after that.

At Back Bay, there were fire alarms blinking and screaming everywhere. Firemen were walking around and the T gates were wide open. I wasn't sure what was happening; I didn't smell smoke or see any flames. It still made me feel uneasy. This station doesn't need any more emergencies.

No comments: