4/16/2007

Patriot's Day Nor'easter

Bus Departure Time: N/A
Bus Arrival Time: N/A
T Departure Time: 7:25
T Arrival Time: 7:47
Weather as I call it: Ha Ha. Light rain but high winds. 40s
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 5
Feared for my life: No, but I would have if I had waited for the bus.

------------------------------

I was checking my logs and I saw that someone stumbled onto my site looking to see if "the mbta buses run on patriots day". Oh yes, they do...but on a Saturday schedule...which tends to mean less buses than regular weekdays. Due to the winds and rain and the unknown length of time I would need to wait for bus, I got a ride to the T station. Thank you to my wife and son for accompanying me on my trip today.

I read in Starts and Stops there would be more subway trains running today for the marathon. Why they would have less buses but more trains running is a mystery, but I am sure the T has a good reason.

Outside of the windswept rain, I didn't have that much trouble getting to work. We'll see how if getting home will be tougher.

No comments: