11/03/2006

Songs For Everyone

Departure Time: 7:16
Arrival Time: 8:09
Weather as I call it: Sunny and cold...10 degrees below average.
Paper Guy: Dressed appropriately.
Shady Gas Price: $2.06
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------
Easy ride for the most part. Slow at times, but I was distracted enough by my satellite radio that it didn't matter much. I was constantly scanning through most of my 100,000 channels to find forgotten gems like The Marshall Tucker Band's "Heard It in a Love Song".

Seriously, does anybody need to hear that tune again? Then again, it's satellite radio and there is something for everybody...and even though I can't believe that anyone would want to hear that song, I stayed on to listen to the whole thing (Well, almost...once I got to the flute solo, I had to bail). There must have been some nostalgia working its magic...bringing back memories of listening to AM radio in the back seat of my mom's Chevy Malibu and getting car sick.

I swear that's why I instantly feel nauseous whenever I hear Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle."

Saw peeps in Leverett Circle waving and holding signs to vote "Yes" on Ballot Question 3 this Tuesday. Their frantic waving and infectious smiles may have swayed me.

"Heard it in a loooooooooove song!"

No comments: