11/16/2006

I Need a Fog Horn

Departure Time: 7:07
Arrival Time: 7:53
Weather as I call it: FOGGY. 50s.
Paper Guy: Hat, no shades (I think...it was foggy). He did wave to someone behind me.
Shady Gas Price: $2.09
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

Yeah, foggy conditions out there. There was about a 1/4 mile of visibility on the roads...so no leaf peepin' today.

I saw an Audi in Somerville with their driver's side back door opening and closing as we drove through the intersection where the McGrath Highway meets Medford St. As I passed the car, I looked to see the driver pretty distraught. I was going to roll my window down and ask something like, "Hey, do you know your door is open?"...but I think he was quite aware.

You don't want to be the person who points out the most obvious item. It's only a good time when you know you will get a response like the ones I remember from Mad Magazine:


Q: "Hey, do you know your door is open?"

A1: "No, I didn't notice that...but I did notice how nosy people are in this town."

Q: "Hey, do you know your door is open?"

A2: "No, but your mouth is open...shut it!"

Q: "Hey, do you know your door is open?"

A3: "Actually, yes I did know that. I was trying to see if I could go faster with it open. The thing is, I can't complete my experiment because I keep getting slowed down by idiots like you!"

No comments: