11/29/2006

The Right of Way

Departure Time: 7:07
Arrival Time: 7:52
Weather as I call it: Misty
Paper Guy: Black wool hat. McDs windbreaker
Shady Gas Price: $2.14
Yelled at other drivers: ...yeah
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

At a major intersection in town, not one but two peeps cut in front of me to take left turns (from their perspective).

As I was coming towards the intersection, I could see a silver Corolla and a small SUV waiting to turn at the green light. There is no green arrow on this traffic signal, so they had to yield.

I guess they were sick of yielding because as I got closer, both cars decided to creep slowly but steadily to the middle of the road...effectively forcing me to stop.

At first it was like a game of chicken, no one was stopping....but I came to the realization that I do not need to get into another accident.

So, I stopped, beeped my horn, raised my hands in disgust, and shouted, "What the Efff?!?"

The female passenger in the Corolla changed her expression as if to say "Sorry.....I do not know what I am doing with this madman behind the wheel...but he treats me ok for the most part and my family likes him...and I just can't take Brad back."

(Yes, all that in one expression)

The driver in the SUV made no eye contact. Good move.

No comments: