10/12/2006

Shortcut Unnecessary

Departure Time: 7:09
Arrival Time: 7:58
Weather as I call it: Cloudy with wet roads
Paper Guy: Hat, jacket, shades...you tell me why.
Shady Gas Price: $2.13
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

It rained a lot last night. I didn't have too much trouble navigating the slippery roads until Soldier's Field Road (SFR) right before the Harvard Sq. exit. All traffic came to a screeching halt.

As I was sitting there momentarily in the stuck traffic, I had this revelation: I can avoid this mess by taking the Harvard Sq. exit, go over the Lars Anderson bridge, and take a left onto Memorial Drive.

As I got into the right lane to take the exit, traffic started to move again. Instead of being a jackass and forcing my way back onto SFR, I took the exit...but instead of taking a right off the ramp...I went straight and took the downramp back on SFR.

There was an accident that had been cleaned up. State police was on the scene with their blue lights on and there were two cars on a flat bed truck all smashed up.

Be careful on those wet roads.

No comments: