10/24/2006

Gun Shy, Trigger Happy

Departure Time: 7:05
Arrival Time: 7:50
Weather as I call it: Cloudy, giving way to some sun. I wore my jacket for the first time this season
Paper Guy: Brown wool hat, shades, winter coat.
Shady Gas Price: $2.07
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: I was a bit shaky.

------------------------------

I had a scheduled vacation day on Monday...so this morning was my first trip back to work after the accident.

I would be lying if I said I was steady as a rock on the roadways today, especially on Soldier's Field Road....but I got through it.

I think leaving a bit earlier helped my anxiety. Less people, more space, better chances of a safe drive.

On a lighter note, I saw a woman flossing her teeth while stopped at a red light. I don't know how I feel about what I saw. Is it gross? Does it go against good driving manners? Does it matter?

I can say this: she can put on her resume that she is a true multi-tasker.

Flossing is Fun!

No comments: