9/19/2006

Voting in Massachusetts

Departure Time: 7:12
Arrival Time: 8:04
Weather as I call it: Partly sunny...I had to put the A/C on so it must have been warmer
Paper Guy: I couldn't see him today...I was trapped on the other side of the street.
Shady Gas Price: $2.41
Yelled at other drivers: Yes
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

I voted today so my departure time marks when I left the school (the booths were set up in the gym) to go to work.

I felt there were many inexperienced drivers on the road today...not inexperienced in the sense that they had just received their license...but inexperienced with the ways of the commute. There was one woman who needed to cross over three lanes of traffic to take a left turn. I beeped and yelled at her. I had to make some drastic moves myself to avoid her and that is why I was unable to see the Paper Guy today. Her "lane change" was a pretty ballsy move...but it was executed because she didn't know the ways of the commute. In time, she will know what lane she needs to be in and prepare for it ahead of time.

Another question I got in response to the anniversary blog:

"How come you don't yell at drivers as much anymore?"

Well, I guess there are a few reasons. I generally leave earlier than I used to, which means less cars on the road, which means less yelling. Plus, I am mellowing in my old age...like a fine Merlot. (Looking at today's post, I wonder about that.)

Overall, I think I am just more selective. Someone has to do something really stupid to make me yell.

No comments: