9/26/2006

Fired Up

Departure Time: 7:08
Arrival Time: 7:57
Weather as I call it: Sunny and cool
Paper Guy: Running around. I have never seen him so mobile. Wearing the blue sweater, of course.
Shady Gas Price: $2.25
Yelled at other drivers: Yes
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

Everything was going fine today. Everything was smooth as silk until I got within a 1/2 mile of work. Then, this dood in the lane to the right of me decided to slow to a near stop, put on his left blinker, and proceeded to cut in front of me so he could drift two lanes before the beginning of a median.

This mockup below should help illustrate wha' happened:

Atari Near-Accident Scene Mockup

Just to clarify, my car is the red Atari-like pixel...the dood's car is the green one.

I was fired up. I beeped my horn. I used a few expletives. I was in full road rage.

His action was intolerable. It was a selfish move. If you realize that you have made that kind of mistake at such a late stage of the game, that you are in the far right lane when you should be in the left and the median is coming up and there are people behind you...you stay right. You punt. You figure it out later.

Don't put me in danger along with everyone else behind me.

I feel better now.

Hey, if you're nice on the T, they'll give you free coffee!

No comments: