9/25/2006

Too Close For Comfort

Departure Time: 7:13
Arrival Time: 7:58
Weather as I call it: Partly sunny..62 degrees
Paper Guy: Blue sweater, which ostensibly is the exclusive autumn wardrobe
Shady Gas Price: $2.27
Yelled at other drivers: Once
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

I am pretty tired today. I created my own three day weekend by taking Friday off and I stand by my creation wholeheartedly, but one of the after effects is having a hard time waking up on Monday.

Hey, I am dealing with it.

Some lady (I am sure she was a lady) driving one of those Crown Victoria-boat-of-a-car things was hugging the double yellow line while I was stopped at a light. I should have rolled down my window and slapped her windshield as she drove by but I probably would have lost my left arm in the process of letting her know I was displeased with her proximity to my car.

Instead, I asked, "Are you close enough, Lady?"

She didn't answer.

No comments: