9/28/2006

Accidents Will Happen

Departure Time: 7:08
Arrival Time: 7:57
Weather as I call it: Hey, it's autumn...it's cool.
Paper Guy: Jacket and shades
Shady Gas Price: $2.15
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

I saw an accident today. It happened right in front of me, literally. There is always an uneasy feeling when a traffic light changes from green to yellow to red...you have to make a choice.

Do I do what I want to do and speed up to get through?

Do I do what I am supposed to do and slow down and stop?

When you do not make a clear decision, like the guy in the silver Acura did today, you sometimes get rear-ended.

He made a move like he was going to speed through, then he second guessed himself and came to a stop. Unfortunately, the guy in the black Mercedes behind him didn't react to the second guess. He was all for the first guess.

Black Mercedes got his front crumpled: a directional broken off, some of his grill broken, and his radiator was a-steamin'.

Acura guy didn't look like he had any damage. And so it goes...

I applaud them both for getting out of the way and not holding up traffic. If you need a witness, I am your man.

When I got closer to Boston, I saw a whole bunch of news trucks outside of a pet store.

Cripes, how many flavors of terrorism are there?

No comments: