9/11/2006

Pay Attention in a Pedestrian Zone

Departure Time: 7:05
Arrival Time: 7:59
Weather as I call it: Wow...much cooler today. I might need to start wearing a jacket...sunny though.
Paper Guy: Wearing his blue sweater and shades
Shady Gas Price: $2.57
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: No, but some kid feared for his.

------------------------------

Let's put it this way...when you are driving through an area that historically has a large volume of pedestrians crossing the street....pay attention. I had a close call today. There is a high school in my town, and I pass it around the time school is about to start up. Today, as I was passing the school, I was fiddling with the 'climate control' in my car. When I looked up, I saw a student crossing in front of me. I slammed on my brakes enough to hear the tires squeal a bit. Although he wasn't in a crosswalk, he still had the right of way.

I felt ashamed of myself. I talk a good game, but sometimes I make mistakes too. Chalk it up as a Monday morning fluke and it won't happen again...sir!

No comments: