7/18/2012

The Hottest Morning

...and I mean in temperature. Maybe because I ran before I went to work, but man it was hot out there today. It didn't help that our train pulled into North Station at the same time as another train did and we ended up side by side on the same platform. As we exited the train, the crowd was so large everyone came to a complete stop. Too many people were trying to get through the sliding doors and the delay sent a ripple back down the platform. A guy behind me vented some frustration using a few choice words. The heat from the sun and all those people made it very uncomfortable on the platform. Then, it seemed I had to wait at every intersection to cross. Each pause got hotter and hotter. Once I finally got to my building, I was blasted with cold air as I opened the door. The lobby never looked so wonderful before.

------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:36
Departure Time From Train Station: 6:59
Arrival Time at North Station: 7:41
Weather as I call it: Hot, Hazy, Humid
Shady Gas Price: $3.45
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 4
Feared for my life: No

No comments: