7/31/2012

Name Dropping

I had a young woman who sat next to me and she turned her body to face the aisle so she could continue talking with the young gentleman with whom she entered the train. He sat in the seat behind us. They talked and talked about inane things. The woman can eat at Redbones for free because her family knows the owner's family. Her father is good friends with the guy who created and owns Redbones. The young gentleman was talking about one of Meryl Streep's daughters who went to Vassar with him. I started to stop listening to him but the story had something to do with her trying to quit smoking. I know. I shouldn't have been listening. It was difficult to stop. You can't close your ears. It was annoying conversation of who could one up the other...who could name drop more. I would rather know the owner of Redbones.

------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:33
Departure Time From Train Station: 6:59
Arrival Time at North Station: 7:40
Weather as I call it: Partly sunny
Shady Gas Price: $3.49
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 3
Feared for my life: No

No comments: