2/26/2007

Orange Line Medical Emergency

Bus Departure Time: 6:57
Bus Arrival Time: 7:20
T Departure Time: 7:20
T Arrival Time: 7:48
Weather as I call it: Light snow
Level of passenger rudeness(1-10): 1
Feared for my life: I felt queasy

------------------------------

Light snow hits Boston! Time for an exciting commute!

My bus arrived on time so I didn't have to stand in the snow all that long. I was the only person at my stop, which is not normal. I guess too many people stay up for the Oscars last night.

The bus ride was a little slow, but that was to be expected. When I got to the T station, the train was pulling in. I ran up the stairs and boarded. I was unable to get a seat, but no matter. I stood for the duration and I was able to peep out the window to see all the rusting scrap metal underneath the lower deck of 93.

When we got to Downtown Crossing, we paused for a longer than usual time. You could sense something was wrong. As I looked towards the middle of the car, I could see a crowd forming a circle around someone or something on the train's floor. The intercom started to squawk: "Yes, we have that. Someone is on the way." I decided to move forward to see what was happening.

From what I could tell, a woman fainted. She was lying on her back and her feet were raised...she had them resting on the seats across from her. MBTA personel came running...over one of their radios, I heard someone saying something about telling the passengers to use the Green Line because we would be not moving anytime soon.

I felt bad for the woman, but I didn't stick around to see what the outcome would be. I looked down the tracks and I could see that the next Orange Line train was stopped at State.

I walked down the underground passageway to Park St. and picked out an outbound trolley to Copley. It's been a while since I have used the Green Line...just as quirky as always. I was able to see the old Arlington mosiac sign as we passed through it's namesake station. This is what it looks like:

Old Arlington T sign

Read more about the sign.

Tomorrow can't be as fun as today.

No comments: