1/31/2007

The End?

Departure Time: 7:18
Arrival Time: 8:01
Weather as I call it: Where's the snow? Just cloudy and cold today.
Paper Guy: Doing well.
Shady Gas Price: $2.07
Yelled at other drivers: No
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

All the weather reports that I saw last night were calling for a snowy commute today...so I was surprised to see clear skies and roads. It would have been a better send off for this phase of the blog if the roadways were a little treacherous...but no dice. Some gray skies and cold temps are common this time of year. Nothing special to report in

I bought a paper from Paper Guy today. I flashed my dollar bill and he hustled over to me. I rolled down my window and he greeted me with some nice words...I didn't catch exactly what he said but his tone was soothing.

I handed him the money and I said, "Keep it. Keep it."

He said, "Oh, thank you!" and held the bill up in the air.

I smiled and rolled my window back up. I wish I had had the time to say 'great job' or 'thanks for everything' but the traffic has to keep moving..and the world has to keep turning. I wish him the best.

And so it goes. And so it goes.

Next week I will be posting my adventures on the MBTA. Good-bye and Hello.

1 comment:

Me said...

Have fun commuting on the Orange. My husband and I work five minutes apart from each other in Downtown Crossing... Yet, he takes the T from Back Bay Station while I walk the mile and a half each morning.

Backbay Station can be quite a mess in the mornings. But it will make for quite fun postings for you. :)