6/12/2012

Left Behind

I got on the train and sat down. At my feet was a large Dunkin' Donuts black iced coffee about three quarters full. Did somebody take a sip and then just leave it on the floor of the train? Did somebody forget to take it with them? Are they cursing themselves for leaving behind a tasty cool beverage? No matter - it was a problem waiting to happen. At any moment, someone (probably me) was going to kick it over. So I paid it forward - I took the big cup with me when I departed the train and gently put it in the trash. Who would leave such a large iced coffee behind?

------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:32
Departure Time From Train Station: 7:00
Arrival Time at North Station: 7:41
Weather as I call it: Sunny, 60s
Shady Gas Price: $3.39
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: No - but I feared an icy coffee mess

No comments: