4/04/2012

Truck Crush

On the highway, a Jetta in front of me almost got crushed by a truck. We took the exit ramp together - the truck was first, then the Jetta, then me. The truck was going slow, so the Jetta was driving close to it. I was close to the Jetta. I probably didn't help the situation...but I wasn't doing anything illegal. Once we got off the ramp, we merged onto the Route 495 ramp for the Lowell Connector. It's two lanes and the truck got into the left lane. The Jetta tried to pass him on the right. Just as the Jetta was passing him, the truck started to move into the right lane. The Jetta swerved away, the truck swerved back. I kept my distance. Once the dust settled, the Jetta passed the truck and kept going. The truck slid into the right lane...and I continued to keep my distance until I could pass on the left.

------------------------------

Departure Time From Home: 6:33
Departure Time From Train Station: 6:59
Arrival Time at North Station: 7:40 on the nose
Weather as I call it: Sunny, 40s
Shady Gas Price: $3.73
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: Nah. Some tense moments but I was safe.

No comments: