3/02/2007

Plastic Boots Rubber Suits

Bus Departure Time: 6:57
Bus Arrival Time: 7:15
T Departure Time: 7:17
T Arrival Time: 7:43
Weather as I call it: Cold rain with some wind to make it even nastier.
Level of passenger rudeness(1-10): Hard to rate 1.5
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

I walked out of my house today without the aid of an umbrella. The only working umbrellas we had were these huge monstrosities that could keep a nice Irish family of 12 dry. All our compact umbrellas were thrown out in the Great Umbrella Purge of 2006 since they were broken. So, I put on my trusty hat...and prayed that the bus would be on time (not early or late) since I was leaving the house at the last possible second so I didn't have to stay out in the rain longer than I had to.

I got to the stop and had to wait for a minute...got a little wet but nothing to cry over. I got on the bus, many of the seats were wet. I guess someone had a window open overnight. Bleck.

Once I got on the T, things were normal until these group of people who seemingly knew each other stepped on the train and were having a very loud discussion about the phone conversation they had with each other last night. Suddenly, it wasn't 7:22 AM...it was 11:55 PM. I don't think it was rude for them to be talking as loud as they were...(maybe some of the vulgarities were) but it was out of character for that time of day. They certainly had everyone's attention on the train.

Later on the train, some woman pushed her way into the car exclaiming, "People just don't want to step into the train." There were people standing in front of the doorway, making it hard for her to get on. Beyond them, there was plenty of standing room in the interior of the train. I love lectures in T etiquette.

One stop later, she was able to take a seat. At the next stop, she offer her seat to an older gentleman who refused it. He commented, "Now I know I am old."

She practices what she preaches.

Take care.

No comments: