3/20/2007

MBTA Bus Blues

Bus Departure Time: 7:09
Bus Arrival Time: 7:29
T Departure Time: 7:31
T Arrival Time: 7:51
Weather as I call it: Some sun...warmer 40s
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 5
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

So, the bus was really late today...but at least the temperature was tolerable. I got on and I had to stand. At the next stop, 20-25 people got on...which is much larger than the average of 5 people per stop. It was a sight. You could see this crowd from a block away: a teeming mass of commuters vying for position to ensure their entry onto this particular bus.

We were packed for the remainder of the ride...I was standing next to the rear door, so I got off the bus at the stops where a lot of people exited...to get out of the way. When everyone was done exiting, I would hop back on the bus. At the last big stop before the T station, I got off the bus and about half the bus departed. As I was about to hop back on, the driver shut the door on me. I had a split second of panic before he opened the door again.

The T was packed but it ran smoothly...so I give the trip a 5 on the annoyance factor.

No comments: