3/15/2007

I'll Wait For The Next One

Bus Departure Time: 6:56
Bus Arrival Time: 7:11
T Departure Time: 7:16
T Arrival Time: 7:41
Weather as I call it: Cloudy...get darker...Storm's a-coming
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

The bus came a little early today and it's been having a good little streak lately. In a week of no school, late risers, and pleasant weather...the bus gets the grade of A for the past four days.

A young lady sat next to me with a heavy scent of vanilla that made me a little queasy. I thought I liked vanilla...but I guess I like the smell of real vanilla...It seems when fragrances are synthesized from chemicals, they have varying results on my head and stomach. Besides, I have been fighting some kind of stomach virus thang lately. I haven't been that hungry since Tuesday...so I know something's wrong. It wasn't so bad that I felt like I had to vomit profusely over everyone on the bus...but just enough to turn my stomach just a bit.

When I got to the T station, the train had been sitting in the station for a while. As I climbed the last step, the tones rang out to signal that the doors were closing.

I didn't run for it. Generally, the T rule is you get on the first available train...no matter how packed it is....because you never know when the next one is coming.

I decided to wait for the next one. My patience was rewarded five minutes later...

1 comment:

Me said...

Vanilla perfume is one of the most obnoxious smells. You wear it when you're 17 and in high school. But once you hit college and the real world, you pick a sexier scent.