3/15/2007

I'll Wait For The Next One

Bus Departure Time: 6:56
Bus Arrival Time: 7:11
T Departure Time: 7:16
T Arrival Time: 7:41
Weather as I call it: Cloudy...get darker...Storm's a-coming
Level of commute annoyance (scale of 1 to 10): 2
Feared for my life: No

------------------------------

The bus came a little early today and it's been having a good little streak lately. In a week of no school, late risers, and pleasant weather...the bus gets the grade of A for the past four days.

A young lady sat next to me with a heavy scent of vanilla that made me a little queasy. I thought I liked vanilla...but I guess I like the smell of real vanilla...It seems when fragrances are synthesized from chemicals, they have varying results on my head and stomach. Besides, I have been fighting some kind of stomach virus thang lately. I haven't been that hungry since Tuesday...so I know something's wrong. It wasn't so bad that I felt like I had to vomit profusely over everyone on the bus...but just enough to turn my stomach just a bit.

When I got to the T station, the train had been sitting in the station for a while. As I climbed the last step, the tones rang out to signal that the doors were closing.

I didn't run for it. Generally, the T rule is you get on the first available train...no matter how packed it is....because you never know when the next one is coming.

I decided to wait for the next one. My patience was rewarded five minutes later...

1 comment:

The Missus said...

Vanilla perfume is one of the most obnoxious smells. You wear it when you're 17 and in high school. But once you hit college and the real world, you pick a sexier scent.